Golden opportunity, a ripoff
Jun 13, 2012 / 3:38 pm
Police in Kelowna are investigating fraud complaints after a gold buyer took the goods and ran.
A company doing business as International Coin Collectors (or THR & Associates of Springfield, Illinois) held a gold and coin buying event at the Sandman Hotel from May 22 to 26.
According to Cst. Kris Clark, the event advertised that the company would purchase your old, unwanted gold.
"Unfortunately, several of the cheques issued by THR & Associates have apparently bounced, leaving would-be sellers with no gold and no cash."
It would seem that this is not the first time as there is a history of complaints against the business from North Vancouver to Ontario and there is an alert on the Better Business Bureau website.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15