Accused murderer back in court
Mar 12, 2012 / 11:54 am
A trial date for Joelon David Atish Verma has once again been set back.
Verma appeared by video for all of two minutes Monday morning, before the court decided they should meet again on April 2, to arrange a date for trial.
The 31-year-old is charged with first degree murder in the death and robbery of Brittney Irving.
When the Supreme Court Judge decided to once again push back the date to set a trial, Verma seemed unmoved, sitting quietly in an orange jump-suit.
Before his arrest Verma was known to police, but he had no criminal record.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Budget approval means tax increase Dec 12
- Christmas market, art show and concert Dec 12
- "One Valley, One Water" Dec 12
- Students helping students 4,100km away Dec 12
- Bus light tour - get your tickets Dec 12
- Charged with running over paper carrier Dec 12
- Budget 2014 - day long coverage Dec 12
- Fewer rentals available Dec 12
- Protecting your gifts Dec 12
- Union sends final package to FortisBC Dec 12