Accused murderer back in court
Mar 12, 2012 / 11:54 am
A trial date for Joelon David Atish Verma has once again been set back.
Verma appeared by video for all of two minutes Monday morning, before the court decided they should meet again on April 2, to arrange a date for trial.
The 31-year-old is charged with first degree murder in the death and robbery of Brittney Irving.
When the Supreme Court Judge decided to once again push back the date to set a trial, Verma seemed unmoved, sitting quietly in an orange jump-suit.
Before his arrest Verma was known to police, but he had no criminal record.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15