Update: Cyclist runs into SUV
Sep 30, 2011 / 1:10 pm
Update September 30: ICBC has put the full blame of this accident onto the driver of the vehicle. The bike rider has contacted Castanet and she has forwarded the ICBC result, "the assessment of liability determined the motorist to be 100% responsible for the accident."
A woman is in Kelowna General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries after riding her bicycle into an SUV.
Police at the scene says the cyclist hit the SUV as the vehicle was making a turn at the corner of McClure and Lakeshore roads in the Mission.
Const. Bob Charron says the lady is lucky she wasn't more seriously injured.
Witnesses says the cyclist was traveling too fast in the bike lane and almost hit another car before she struck the Black SUV that was turning right onto McClure from the north bound lane off of Lakeshore.
Both the bike and the vehicle were traveling north on Lakeshore when the accident occurred.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17