Stuart Park ready for dancing
Zumba, hip hop and country are just three of the nine dance styles coming to Stuart Park this summer. Residents are invited try new dance styles for free on Wednesday nights from 7 – 8:30 p.m., starting July 2.
“Dance is a good way to express yourself and keep active,” says Pam Brooks, Community Recreation Coordinator.
“And what’s great about our program, you don’t need to know anything about dance to participate, just a willingness to get your groove on.”
Qualified dance instructors will begin the evening with a half-hour dance lesson at 7 p.m. in preparation for the open dance at 7:30.
Dancing in the Park weekly themes:
- July 2 Zumba
- July 9 Hip Hop
- July 16 Swing
- July 23 Hot Latin Nights
- July 30 Groove Method
- August 6 Dancing thru the Ages
- August 13 Line Dancing & Two-Step
- August 20 Ballroom Dancing
- August 27 Dance party - wrap up!
Registration, experience and quick feet are not required for dance nights.
Find more information on the City's website.
Read more Kelowna News
- City bucks up for UBCMPenticton / S. Okanagan - 1:33 pm
- Slope safety still a concernWest Kelowna - 1:41 pm
- RCMP will target school zonesWest Kelowna - 1:20 pm
- Teachers' vote resultsBC
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library