Tickets are selling fast for the 2016 Canadian Culinary Championships, being held in Kelowna for the sixth consecutive year.
Celebrating some of the best chefs in Canada, the two-day event runs Feb. 5 and 6, and according to organizers, tickets are already 80 per cent sold.
Eleven chefs will compete in three events over two days, challenging their skills, endurance and ability to think quickly with the goal of being crowned champion.
Attendees at each event have the opportunity to enjoy the dishes created by each competitor, along with wine pairings.
Some tickets are still available for the Mystery Wine Pairing and Grand Finale Competition.
"We are entering our sixth year hosting the Gold Medal Plates ... it is very gratifying to see how the community has embraced this event,” said spokesperson Judy Burns.
“The championships are one of the most significant culinary competitions held in Canada, attracting many of our top culinary talents. We are proud to have the opportunity to showcase to all of our guests locally and from abroad, the bounty Kelowna and the Okanagan has to share."
This year's chefs are:
- B.C. – Alex Chen – Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar, Vancouver
- Calgary- Matthew Batey – The Nash Restaurant & Off Cut Bar
- Edmonton - Jan Trittenbach – Solstice Seasonal Cuisine
- Regina – Jonathan Thauberger – Crave Kitchen + Wine Bar
- Saskatoon – Darren Craddock – Riverside Country Club
- Winnipeg- Norm Pastorin – The Cornerstone Bar & Restaurant
- Toronto – Stuart Cameron – Byblos
- Ottawa – Marc Lepine - Atelier
- Montreal – Guillaume Cantin – Les 400 Coups
- St. John's – Roger Andrews – Relish Gourmet Burgers
- Halifax – Martin Ruiz Salvador – Fleur de Sel, Lunenberg
Tickets can be purchased online at www.goldmedalplates.com or by calling 647-328-0149.