Power lines down
A power line that went down along Jasmine Road, sparked a satellite dish to catch fire on the roof of a neighbouring home.
Power was cut to several homes along Jasmine Road, however Fortis was called to the scene to restore the line.
Captain Mike Hall says the flames from the satellite dish did not spread to the roof of the home, although several Telus lines were melted.
No one was injured in the incident.
- With files from Carmen Weld.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated and approval times may vary. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Kelowna News
- Teachers disheartenedKelowna
- Dogs attacked with weaponKelowna
- Dog handler recounts chaseWest Kelowna
- Man hospitalized after assaultKelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library