Cardboard bursts into flames
A cardboard load in the back of a Progressive Waste Solution truck burst into flames Wednesday morning around 7 a.m., near Pandosy at Boyce Street.
The driver quickly dumped the load and firefighters were called in to extinguish the burning pile of recyclables.
Boyce Street was closed for several hours while the charred pile of cardboard was cleaned up.
A worker with Progressive Waste Solutions says it is not that unusual for a load they are carrying in their trucks to catch on fire, due to misplaced cigarettes or other combustibles.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Kelowna News
- Burning pole cuts powerWest Kelowna - 3:12 pm
- Upgrades at Glen Canyon parkWest Kelowna - 3:15 pm
- Search on for missing manWest Kelowna - 4:00 pm
- RCMP charges under reviewKamloops - 2:30 pm
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library