FortisBC planned outages
FortisBC has a few planned power outages scheduled for this week.
- On Thursday, June 19 the planned power outage is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. It will affect approximately 317 customers from Clifton Road north of Rio Drive, and the northern half of Magic Estates.
The outage is required for equipment upgrades.
- From Friday, June 20 to Saturday, June 21 a planned outage is scheduled for 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. It will affect approximately 280 customers on Ethel Street, Laurier Avenue, Gagnon Place, Gordon Drive, Harvey Avenue, Saucier Avenue, Leon Avenue and Lawrence Avenue.
- On Saturday, June 21 an outage is planned from 4 a.m. to 6 a.m. It will affect approximately 233 customers on Fuller Avenue, Bertram Street, St. Paul Street and Doyle Ave.
These outages are required for new construction.
Tips for planned power outages:
- Protect your electronics, such as TVs, PVRs and computers, by using surge-protecting power bars.
- Conserve cell phone batteries.
- If you have an electric garage door opener, locate the manual release lever and learn how to operate it.
FortisBC apologizes for any inconvenience and will restore power as quickly as possible. To find out more information, visit fortisbc.com/plannedoutage or call 1-866-436-7847.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated and approval times may vary. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Kelowna News
- All candidates forum comingKelowna - 8:57 pm
- Truck thief quickly nabbedPenticton / S. Okanagan - 7:11 pm
- Bobbitt hearing adjournedPenticton / S. Okanagan - 7:08 pm
- Development builds protestKelowna - 4:52 pm
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library