Engine malfunction leads to fire
A motorhome sustained significant damage after the engine compartment caught fire.
The incident occurred about 8:30 Sunday evening on Swamp Road near Michaelbrook Golf Course.
Jason Brolund with the Kelowna Fire Department says flames were coming from the engine compartment of the Class C motorhome when crews arrived.
They were able to quickly knock down the fire before it could spread to the interior of the motorhome or nearby trees.
Both occupants of the motorhome were able to get out unharmed.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated and approval times may vary. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Kelowna News
- Garage goes up in flamesCentral Okanagan - 4:15 pm
- Coke smuggler gets 14 yearsKelowna - 1:31 pm
- Cops warn public about 'ICE'Kelowna - 1:15 pm
- Where is Batman?Penticton / S. Okanagan - 1:33 pm
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library