Sunday, November 23rd3.6°C
24124
22916

Engine malfunction leads to fire

A motorhome sustained significant damage after the engine compartment caught fire.

The incident occurred about 8:30 Sunday evening on Swamp Road near Michaelbrook Golf Course.

Jason Brolund with the Kelowna Fire Department says flames were coming from the engine compartment of the Class C motorhome when crews arrived.

They were able to quickly knock down the fire before it could spread to the interior of the motorhome or nearby trees.

Both occupants of the motorhome were able to get out unharmed.

18810

COMMENTS WELCOME

Comments on this story are pre-moderated and approval times may vary. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.



Read more Kelowna News

24159


Recent Trending



23744

20009




FEATURED Property
17556543629 Luxmoore Road
6 bedrooms 5 baths
$1,550,000
more details
image2image2image2
Click here to feature your property
Please wait... loading



21243




23059

Kelowna SPCA Featured Pet

Pisces
Pisces Kelowna SPCA >




20327



23960



Okanagan Quick Links City of Kelowna
Airport Arrivals
Airport Departures
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Transit
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna
Central Okanagan
Regional District

District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
Interior Health
UBC Okanagan
Okanagan College
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library


Kelowna City Council Audio
Audio
November 10, 2014 @ 1:30 pm
Live broadcasts, archives, schedule >


Member of BC Press Council
22552