Hurting businesses get meeting
Lakeshore Road businesses will get their wish.
Businesses affected by the Lakeshore Road upgrade project will get a chance to meet with project officials Wednesday afternoon.
The meeting is the first of the planned monthly gatherings the City has agreed to hold with affected businesses within the construction zone.
The $11M project, which includes replacement of the Lakeshore Road bridge, began late last month with a scheduled November completion date.
The area affected stretches from Lexington to Cook.
"It's important to keep reasonable and consistent pressure on the City to ensure our project is managed well from start to finish," Mission Superwash owner, Maurice Matte stated in a letter sent to businesses in the area.
Items to consider according to Matte include:
- Traffic Control at Lexington & Lakeshore Roads
- Driveway access from Lakeshore to each businesses
- Dust, mud, and dirt control
- Daily dirt & gravel sweeping by contractor or City on paved surfaces (to reduce dust and improve access for our customers)
- Staging of pavement and services (hopefully they can stage development, rather than "strip-mine" our entire road length
- Water service interruption. When is it scheduled to happen and for how long?
Matte said it's important to keep the City aware of business concerns.
"Remember, the City works for us and relies upon us for taxes and business development," added Matte.
"We are the key stakeholders in the area, and they need to know we're holding them to account."
Wednesday's meeting is scheduled for 3 p.m.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Kelowna News
- Coquihalla opensKamloops - 8:36 pm
- Fire destroys houseVernon / N. Okanagan - 3:05 pm
- Quad crash hospitalizes oneKelowna - 1:04 pm
- Teachers: 40 years of battlesBC - 7:46 am
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library