Planned power outages
FortisBC is planning two outages during the early morning hours of Sunday, May 4.
The power will be turned off for almost 2,000 customers in Kelowna and Naramata during that time.
Residents living from Pandosy Street east to Grenfell Road and Coopland Crescent north to Guisachan Road will be affected from 5:30-7:30 a.m.
In Naramata, the outage will last from 5-9 a.m. as crews conduct some maintenance on the power lines.
FortisBC says customers should follow these tips:
- Protect your electronics, such as TVs, PVRs and computers, by using surge-protecting power bars.
- Conserve cell phone batteries.
- If you have an electric garage door opener, locate the manual release lever and learn how to operate it.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated and approval times may vary. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Kelowna News
- 80,000 lose powerBC - 5:54 am
- Hiker struck by falling rockPenticton / S. Okanagan
- Apartment laundry rooms targetedPenticton / S. Okanagan - 5:00 am
- School District remits $11.5MCentral Okanagan - 5:40 am
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library