It’s your last chance to sign up for the inaugural Footgolf tournament at the Okanagan Golf Club this weekend.
The event has been put together by the Kelowna Kodiaks, a street soccer team made up of the local homeless, underprivileged and other volunteers from Inn From the Cold.
This will be a way for the Okanagan to kick off the soccer and golf seasons in style by combining the two sports. Footgolf follows the rules of traditional golf, but replaces the clubs and balls with a soccer ball and a 21-inch cup, cut into the fairway.
Registered participants will get 9 holes of Footgolf and dinner, with the opportunity to win the following prizes.
- $150 Dinner for 2 at Summerhill Pyramid Winery thanks to Green Tourism Canada
- Free Dog Day care and gift basket thanks to Woofy World Kennels & Daycare
- 2 x Personal Training Sessions with Keara at Phoenix Health and Fitness
- 2 rounds of golf and gift basket thanks to Okanagan Golf Club - Quail and Bear
- $50 pre-paid visa Card thanks to Mountain Lodging BC
- $50 gift voucher thanks to Urban Harvest Organic Delivery, again with thanks to Urban harvest and Green Tourism Canada.
- A gift pack thanks to Sun City Physiotherapy
- 2 sets of 5 guitar lessons with the team at Best Buy Musical instruments Department.
- $100 Gift voucher to the Kelown Farmer’s Market Courtesy of soilmate.com
Interested players can register and learn more here.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated and approval times may vary. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Kelowna News
- Parents get Robo-CallsCentral Okanagan - 4:50 pm
- Teachers debate tentative dealBC - 2:35 pm
- Ford has rare cancerous tumourCanada - 2:30 pm
- Cheapflights likes YLWKelowna - 2:39 pm
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library