City sports fields remain closed
Despite the warm weather sports fields within the City of Kelowna remain closed.
Residents and sport teams are asked to respect all field closure signs.
The grass needs to be actively growing and the fields need to dry out before the upcoming spring and summer seasons to ensure the best quality turf for recreational use.
For those itching to get out there, there are four practice fields open for use:
- Walrod Park
- Johnson Park
- The practice area at Mission Recreation Park (area with the goal net off Gordon Dr. at Lexington Dr.)
- The practice field at Parkinson Recreation Park.
Teams still need to book the space through the City. In addition, the artificial turf sports field at Mission Recreation Park is open.
City sports fields are scheduled to reopen April 7.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Kelowna News
- Train collides with logging truckBC - 1:45 pm
- Province provides cheaper beerBC - 12:29 pm
- Rockets going into hockey hallSports - 12:40 pm
- Man killed by horned cowVernon / N. Okanagan
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library