A new bail review was expected to take place today for Nathan Fahl, the man accused of running down a paper carrier last December, but that was adjourned after it was learned he has now been charged with more crimes.
Fahl broke his strict bail conditions, that had been likened to house arrest, on Feb. 11 and then he allegedly lied to police.
He is now facing four new charges including obstruction of a police officer, failure to carry out his bail order, failure to remain in his residence and being in a vehicle without the registered owner.
During the brief court proceeding, by which Fahl appeared via video, he continued to interrupt the court and yell out from the TV, as he has in the past.
In an attempt to explain himself, he told the court that he had been on his way to see his bail supervisor and had missed his bus. But according to the Crown, that person has said Fahl had no reason to report on the day in question.
The Crown went on to say that they will make an application to revoke Fahl’s bail when the matter goes before the courts again.