Armed robbery suspects on camera
Kelowna RCMP have released surveillance photos of two male suspects involved in an armed robbery at the Mac's Convenience Store on Glenmore Road early Saturday morning.
The robbery took place shortly before 1 a.m., and according to police both men entered the store with their faces covered.
"One man threatened the clerk with a golf club while the other emptied various items from a store display case into a garbage bag," says Cst. Kris Clark.
"Both suspects fled on foot toward Calmels Crescent. A police services dog quickly established a track but the suspects were not located."
Clark says the clerk was unharmed and no cash was taken, but about $500 worth of product was stolen .
The circumstances of the robbery appear to be very similar to one at Liquids Liquor store nearly 24 hours later.
In both cases, one of the thieves threatened the clerk with some form of a club while the other emptied products into a bag. No cash was taken from either store.
The descriptions are also similar in both instances.
In the Mac's robbery, the first suspect is described as:
- 5'11" to 6'0"
- Slim Build
- Light coloured scarf covering their face (possibly camouflage pattern)
- Dark coloured baseball cap with large white cartoon-like emblem on the front
- Dark coloured hooded winter coat with light stripes running from the neck area to the arm pits
- Dark/light Coloured gloves
- Dark jeans
- Carrying a garbage bag
The suspect with the golf club is described as:
- 5'7" to 5'8"
- Slim Build
- Black balaclava covering their face
- Dark coloured hooded winter coat (3/4 length)
- Dark gloves
- Dark "Skinny" jeans
- Carrying the golf club
Anyone with information about the robbery are asked to contact Cst. Moon at the Kelowna RCMP Detachment at 250-762-3300.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Kelowna News
- Parachutist hits houseVernon / N. Okanagan
- Boonstock liquor decision finalPenticton / S. Okanagan
- Cash bog at COGKelowna - 5:00 am
- Anniv. of film set in NaramataPenticton / S. Okanagan - 5:00 am
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library