Deadline nears for civic nominations
The deadline to submit nominations for the 39th Annual City of Kelowna Civic and Community Awards is fast approaching.
Know an outstanding Kelowna citizen, volunteer, athlete, artist or business? Nominate them today. The awards honour individuals and organizations for outstanding contributions and achievements in 2013 that directly benefited the Kelowna community.
The Civic & Community Awards is the City's premier awards event dedicated to recognizing volunteers, artists, athletes and business leaders through nine categories and 13 awards including:
- Bob Giordano Memorial Award
- Bryan Couling Memorial - Athletic Team of the Year
- Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- Young Male & Female Volunteer of the Year
- Teen Honour in the Arts
- Honour in the Arts
- Corporate Community of the Year (small/medium and large)
- Man & Woman of the Year
- Central Okanagan Foundation Volunteer Organization of the Year
- Champion of the Environment (individual and business)
Nominations will be accepted until noon on Friday, Feb. 14.
Nomination forms are available on-line, at City Hall, and the Parkinson Recreation Centre. Completed forms can be dropped off at the Parkinson Recreation Centre (1800 Parkinson Way) to the attention of Amber Gilbert, or submitted online from our website.
Individuals with questions regarding the nomination form are asked to contact Amber Gilbert at 250-469-8967 or [email protected]
Finalists and award recipients will be honoured at a Gala Awards Show on Thursday, May 1 at the Kelowna Community Theatre. Tickets are available by calling 250-469-8811.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Kelowna News
- 'Spiderman' arsonist gets jail timeKelowna - 5:00 pm
- Road project jumps by $1.1MKelowna - 12:17 pm
- Murder details brings family to tearsKamloops - 12:10 pm
- Ex cop charged with sex assaulting boysKamloops - 11:47 am
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library