Prolific bank robber gets 5 years
A prolific bank robber has been sentenced to five years and he was given a lifetime firearms prohibition.
Kevin Donald Power, 49, was arrested while attempting to flee the scene of a robbery at the Dilworth Scotiabank on Dec. 27, 2012.
According to reports from the scene, Power entered the bank and demanded money and was then confronted by another customer outside bank. Police quickly located Power a short time later.
While in custody, Power was charged with three other robberies, all at Scotiabank locations in Kelowna:
- Scotiabank on Lakeshore Road - Dec. 9, 2011
- Scotiabank on Dilworth Drive - Feb. 3, 2012
- Scotiabank on Dilworth Drive - March 9, 2012
Comments on this story are pre-moderated and approval times may vary. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Kelowna News
- All candidates forum comingKelowna - 8:57 pm
- Truck thief quickly nabbedPenticton / S. Okanagan - 7:11 pm
- Bobbitt hearing adjournedPenticton / S. Okanagan - 7:08 pm
- Development builds protestKelowna - 4:52 pm
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library