Chicken wings cause grease fire
Fire trucks, police cars and ambulances swarmed Buckland Avenue Tuesday evening after a third floor apartment fire sent at least one person to hospital.
Kelowna Fire crews on the scene say the blaze began when someone was deep-frying chicken wings, when a grease fire broke out on the third floor.
Buckland Manor was evacuated, and one resident was taken to hospital for possible smoke inhalation.
Our reporter on the scene says everyone is remaining calm and waiting to be let back into the building.
The fire was contained to one suite on the third floor according to reports.
Buckland Avenue is blocked off at Pandosy Street as of 10:15 p.m.
Send photos and videos to [email protected]
Comments on this story are pre-moderated and approval times may vary. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Kelowna News
- Wildfire destroys 10 homesWorld - 12:20 pm
- Tour operator condemnedBC - 8:47 am
- Firefighters fill boots w cashCentral Okanagan - 8:26 am
- Consultation for cell towers?Poll
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library