Natural gas odour leads to evacuation
Fire crews evacuated a building at 1353 Elllis Street after someone reported an odour of natural gas.
FortisBC spokesperson David Wylie says a technician was called to the site to asses if the odour was actually natural gas.
"Our technician found no odour of natural gas and did not find there to be a natural gas leak. Everyone is being allowed back into the building."
Wylie says anyone who detects an odour of natural gas should leave the building immediately and, if possible, open as many doors and windows as they can when they exit.
"Then call us at 1-800-663-9911, or 9-1-1."
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Kelowna News
- 15-year-old indicted on murder chargeWorld - 9:25 pm
- Ex councillor named in sex assault casePenticton / S. Okanagan - 4:45 pm
- Accused bad driver in more troubleKelowna - 4:23 pm
- Return of the Snowbirds?Poll - 5:00 pm
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library