Civic award nominations now open
The City of Kelowna is calling for nominations for the 39th Annual Civic and Community Awards. The awards recognize individuals, groups and organizations that have made outstanding contributions and achievements in 2013 which directly benefited the city.
“The Civic Awards is a great way to recognize deserving community members, business leaders, students and athletes who help to create a vibrant city – one that excels in arts, athletics, business and public service,” says Louise Roberts, Community and Neighbourhood Programming Manager.
“This year, we are excited to introduce our online nomination process that makes it even easier for nominators to submit their nomination package, recognizing these deserving individuals and organizations.”
For the first time, nomination forms can be downloaded, filled out and submitted online or via email. Just visit the Civic & Community Awards webpage under Residents for all the information you need to make the nomination process a simple one.
Hard copy nomination forms are still available at City Hall and the Parkinson Recreation Centre and completed forms can be dropped off at the Parkinson Recreation Centre to the attention of Amber Gilbert.
Nomination categories include:
- Bob Giordano Memorial Award
- Bryan Couling Memorial – Athletic Team of the Year
- Champion for the Environment (individual and business)
- Corporate Community of the Year (small/medium and large)
- Honour in the Arts
- Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- Man & Woman of the Year
- Teen Honour in the Arts
- Volunteer Organization of the Year
- Young Male & Female of the Year
Nominations are being accepted starting today until Friday, Feb. 14, 2014.
Finalists and award recipients will be honoured on May 1, 2014 at the Kelowna Community Theatre.
Tickets go on sale starting March 17.
Read more Kelowna News
- 3 bears put downPenticton / S. Okanagan - 11:01 am
- Stabbing - four injuredCanada - 6:43 am
- Backpack dropper arrestedWorld - 6:58 am
- Mass murder in CalgaryCanada
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library