Skate rentals coming to outdoor rink
Nov 1, 2013 / 10:21 am
No skates - no problem!
If City Council gives its blessing, a skate rental shop will operate this winter at the outdoor skating rink in Stuart Park.
Bladez Skate Shop was the only company to respond to the city's Request for Proposals to operate the rental business at the rink.
City Property Officer, Tammy Abrahamson, says the bid by Bladez Skate Shop operator Kevin Laflamme addressed the city's criteria for operating a high quality, service oriented venture.
If approved, the company would operate on Water Street next to the food cart from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week with the exception of Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
The rental shop would offer men's, ladies and children's skates, helmets and E-Z Bars.
The contract is for one year with four-one year renewal options at the city's discretion.
The city had attempted to find a vendor willing to offer skate rentals at the outdoor rink the past two years, however, there were no takers until this year.
The outdoor rink traditionally opens near the end of November and operates until the end of February.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Union sends final package to FortisBC Dec 12
- Bait sleds hidden around the interior Dec 11
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 11
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10