Police searching for hit-and-run driver
Oct 24, 2013 / 7:43 pm
If anyone witnessed a pedestrian being struck on Harvey Avenue early Thursday morning between Ethel and Ellis Streets, they are asked to contact Kelowna RCMP.
Police say an older style White Toyota hit a 41-year-old woman who was trying to cross the highway between intersections shortly after 7 a.m. this morning. The vehicle, which may have suffered damage to the front passenger side bumper, fled the scene and was last seen heading northbound on Richter Street.
The woman was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Central Okanagan Traffic Services, Cst Schneider at 250-212-2543 or Remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7
- Disabled person given the squeeze Dec 7
- Free Wi-Fi Dec 7