Fog still affecting flights at YLW
Oct 23, 2013 / 7:49 am
Once again, the fog covering the valley floor in Kelowna has disrupted flights at YLW this morning.
As of 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, several flights had already been either cancelled or delayed, including late arrivals that were due to fog in other areas of the province.
At least two departure flights were cancelled this morning, including a 7 a.m. flight to Vancouver on WestJet and an 8 a.m. flight to Los Angeles via United Airlines.
Four other flights throughout the day have already been delayed on the departure side with destinations such as Prince George, Calgary, Edmonton and Victoria affected by the fog in Kelowna or through connections elsewhere.
On the arrivals side, WestJet flights arriving from Vancouver and Victoria this morning have been delayed by 30 minutes and over one hour respectively.
Before you head to the airport check your flights status here.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Gifts sought for children's X-mas party Dec 4
- Rotary optimistic lights will twinkle Dec 4
- Hero Mountie saves distraught woman Dec 3
- Stuart Park: 'Stay warm my friends' Dec 3
- Mission Creek trees get festive flair Dec 3
- Council: New cop shop long overdue Dec 3
- More delays for Grossmith case Dec 3
- Civic award nominations now open Dec 2
- City sand truck has trouble Dec 2
- Court hears drug dealer feared for life Dec 2