Stolen vehicle evades police dragnet
Oct 22, 2013 / 11:00 am
Kelowna RCMP were able to recover one stolen vehicle while searching for a second.
Things began to unfold shortly after 3 p.m. Monday following reports of a stolen vehicle outside Milestone's Restaurant in the Orchard Park Shopping Centre.
A Harley-Davidson Edition Ford F-350 was apparently taken from the loading dock area of the restaurant and driven away with the alarm sounding.
The truck headed north on Highway 97 and police flooded the area with extensive ground resources.
RCMP Air Services was activated to support the search with the use of a police helicopter but the vehicle could not be located.
It was last seen headed towards Vernon.
While conducting the search for the Ford F350, police located a black Hummer that had been reported stolen earlier that day.
Near the intersection of Keithley Road and Knorr Road, police initiated a traffic stop and the driver of the Hummer pulled over immediately.
No pursuit was ever initiated for either vehicle.
The stolen Ford F350 is described as:
- Harley-Davidson Edition
- Black with red flames on the side
- Bearing BC plate EP2947
The suspect is described as:
- Caucasian male
- Approximately 30 years old
- 6' tall and 230 lbs
- Light blonde hair
Anyone with any information is asked to call the Kelowna RCMP, Cst Hunt at 250-762-3300.
Remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, leaving a tip online at www.crimestoppers.net or by texting your tip to CRIMES (274637) ktown.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Budget approval means tax increase Dec 12
- Christmas market, art show and concert Dec 12
- "One Valley, One Water" Dec 12
- Students helping students 4,100km away Dec 12
- Bus light tour - get your tickets Dec 12
- Charged with running over paper carrier Dec 12
- Budget 2014 - day long coverage Dec 12
- Fewer rentals available Dec 12
- Protecting your gifts Dec 12
- Union sends final package to FortisBC Dec 12