Lotto thief arrested
Oct 23, 2013 / 9:06 am
The lotto thief has been arrested, thanks to tips from the public.
Police arrested the suspect in connection with stealing lotto tickets from the Petro Canada on 395 Glenmore Road.
The 29-year-old Fort St John man was arrested Monday night and faces potential charges of Theft Under $5000. He has since been released on a Promise to Appear for Court at a later date.
The Kelowna RCMP would like to thank the public for their assistance.
Kelowna RCMP are seeking your help in identifying two suspects whole stole lottery tickets from a gas station Friday night.
On Oct .19 at 10:45 a.m., the Kelowna RCMP received a report of theft from the Petro Canada located at 395 Glenmore Road.
The theft itself occurred shortly after 8 p.m. the previous night when two men entered the store and, while one distracted the clerk, the other took an undisclosed amount of lottery tickets.
The two men are fully visible on video surveillance as no attempt was made to conceal their identity and it is suspected that they are not from the area.
Kelowna RCMP are requesting the public's assistance in identifying the two men.
Anyone with any information is asked to call the Kelowna RCMP, Cst. Boudreau at 250-762-3300.
Remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, leaving a tip online at www.crimestoppers.net or by texting your tip to CRIMES (274637) ktown.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Fire destroys mobile home Dec 11
- Prolific offender in custody Dec 11
- Harvey rollover shuts down traffic at Ellis Dec 10
- Hockey Night in Canada's new tune? Dec 10
- Budget will cost you additional $45 Dec 10
- Cemetery eyes cost of living increases Dec 10
- Improvements to Centennial Hall, park Dec 10
- All aboard the Santa Sleigh Bus Dec 9
- FortisBC offers Union binding arbitration Dec 9
- Glenmore food drive tonight Dec 9