Couple out for walk hit by car
Oct 17, 2013 / 11:04 pm
A Kelowna woman is being questioned by police after a male and female pedestrian were struck and seriously injured by a vehicle coming down Verdure Rd. Thursday night.
Donna and Christine Breer live in the neighbourhood and were first on the scene at around 8:30 p.m. According to them, a car with a damaged windshield was stopped close to where the accident happened, however the driver denied any involvement.
"She told us she was just out for a pack of cigarettes and said she wasn't the one who hit them," said Donna with a shrug.
Christine and Donna often see the couple around the neighbourhood and said that, at the time, she was alert and able to communicate.
"She was conscious and that's when we found out there was someone else in the ditch. I felt bad because we kind of know them and they have two kids."
She said that both the woman and her husband were bleeding from the head when they were taken away by ambulance.
RCMP confirmed that an investigation is in progress.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Paper carrier struck down Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5