Prelim hearing begins for Grossmith
Oct 16, 2013 / 10:00 am
The preliminary hearing for Conor Grossmith, the man accused of killing his mother last September, began this week at the Kelowna Courthouse.
Grossmith, 25, is alleged to have attacked his 57-year-old mother with a hammer on Sept. 13, 2012. She died nine days later.
The hearing will be used to determine whether there is enough evidence to proceed to trial.
Grossmith’s mental state at the time of the attack will be a significant issue in the case – he has already been certified under the Mental Health Act.
A publication ban on the proceedings means that no details can be reported.
Grossmith is facing a charge of second-degree murder. The hearing is expected last eight more days.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5
- Holiday cheer stocks food bank shelves Dec 5
- Where will medical marijuana be grown? Dec 5
- Happy Hanukkah! Dec 5
- Holiday magic fills local theatre Dec 4
- Was there crime in your neighbourhood? Dec 4
- Transplant recipients pop in, say thanks Dec 4
- High speed crash into tree Dec 4