PM's office evacuated for bomb threat
Oct 16, 2013 / 9:30 am
Multiple media outlets are reporting that the Prime Minister’s office has been evacuated due to a bomb threat.
There are few details at this point, but police are clearing Sparks Street and a number of emergency services are now on the scene.
The Langevin Block building, home to the PMO, was evacuated just before 12 p.m. EST.
There have also been reports that one person has been taken into custody.
Prime Minister Stephen Harper was not believed to have been inside the building at the time.
Read more Canada News
- Fans camp in -40 to score special brew
- Harper leaves today for South Africa
- Let kids with asthma carry puffers
- Former Harper director gets key job
- Roots led to writing for Alice Munro
- Man accused of killing three-year-old
- Harper and former PMs pay respect
- Man to stand trial after Mounties shot
- Environment Min. posts dead bear photo
- Economy adds 21,600 jobs in November
- Widow urges soldiers to 'Go get help'
- B.C. Mountie gets two years probation