Tentative deal at BC Tree Fruits
Oct 11, 2013 / 10:18 am
A tentative deal on a new seven-year contract has been reached between BC Tree Fruits and the United Food and Commercial Workers Union Local 247.
The framework for the deal was agreed upon last week and will provide job security and employment opportunities for over 400 hourly employees, according to BCTF CEO Alan Tyabji.
The BCTF began negotiations one-year prior to the current contract expiry and the new deal would address issues like the long-term goals and growth of the company as well as union issues.
More details will be released when the contract is finalized.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Paper carrier struck down Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5