Jury deliberations to start Tuesday
Oct 11, 2013 / 8:30 am
The jury in the Joelon Verma first-degree murder trial will not begin their deliberations until Tuesday morning at the earliest.
The group has been sent home for the long weekend, even though final submissions from both Crown counsel and defence wrapped up on Thursday.
Verma is accused of killing Brittney Irving in April 2010, while the two were alleged to have been conducting a drug deal.
The Crown has said that Verma killed her and then became stuck in the snow, needing his cousin to come pull him out. His defence team points out that no forensic evidence was ever found at the crime scene that links him to the body.
Irving was found shot to death in a wooded area outside of town, her body discovered three weeks after she was last seen.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Paper carrier struck down Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5
- New services to 'Bridge' gap for addicts Dec 5
- Powder chair now open at Big White Dec 5