Guilty plea entered in car surfing death
Oct 7, 2013 / 3:46 pm
A trial had been set to begin today at the Kelowna Courthouse for a man accused in the car surfing death of 24-year-old Jody Rud.
Instead, Christopher Bezaire entered a guilty plea to one count of criminal negligence causing death.
A pre-sentence report has been commissioned and sentencing is expected to take place on Dec. 10 of this year.
Bezaire, who lives in Estevan, SK, was visiting friends in Kelowna during the month of June 2011. He was driving a vehicle in the Bear Creek area of West Kelowna when he lost control and killed Rud, who was on top of the vehicle.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Budget approval means tax increase Dec 12
- Christmas market, art show and concert Dec 12
- "One Valley, One Water" Dec 12
- Students helping students 4,100km away Dec 12
- Bus light tour - get your tickets Dec 12
- Charged with running over paper carrier Dec 12
- Budget 2014 - day long coverage Dec 12
- Fewer rentals available Dec 12
- Protecting your gifts Dec 12
- Union sends final package to FortisBC Dec 12