Your change, your success!
Jul 26, 2012 / 5:00 am
Mahatma Gandhi said it best: "Be the change you want to see." Seven words of power that can shift a mind-set into success! In our one life that we have been given, we have the choice to live it fully empowered, motivated, strong, healthy and successful, or we can live it standing on the sidelines always wondering and dreaming of what life would or will someday be like, if only...
If it’s time for you to "be the change you want to see” follow these simple steps to your success!
- Visualise the end result - What does that look like? How do you feel? What activities.. sports or events are you partaking in? How much energy do you have? What size clothes are you wearing? What parts of the body have you lost the weight from or gained the muscle mass? When do you want to feel this way and how happy do you feel?
- Write/re-write your goals - Once you have visualised and elaborated in your mind the new you, grab a pen and take notes, write everything down, don’t go small, think big picture, lifelong health and fitness. From there create attainable goals 3 months 6 months and 1 year. The most important goals you will need to write are your weekly goals. These goals will keep you on track for your long term success!!
- Stay committed - Consistency is the key to success! finding physically challenging and enjoyable activities to stay committed to, as well as hiring a fitness professional to keep you on the right track while educating you for long term success. Are simplistic measures you can take to start you off in the right direction.
- Reward yourself - Plan your short term: (weekly) and long term: (3 month, 6 month 1 year ) rewards for yourself! If you can’t acknowledge your own success and greatness, who else will? What have you always wanted for yourself... new accessories, dress, bathing suit, shoes, vacation? You choose the motivational factors behind each reward timeframe!
- Enjoy the Ride - Each day will offer a great lesson, something new that you will learn about yourself, your body or level of determination and commitment. Accept each day whether it was challenging or easy and know that you are one step closer to your success.
Deciding who you choose to be and the life that you choose to live, can be a very rewarding one. The Canadian Community Health Surveys shows the high percentage of Canadians who have not found and lived a healthy lifestyle, as 23% of Canadians 18 years and older are obese and 36% more are overweight (as determined by body mass index.)
Read more Kasie's Health & Fitness Tips articles
- Re-organizing fitness into your schedule May 16
- Optimum health May 2
- Meditate your way to better health Apr 18
- Are you sweating during your workout? Apr 4
- No more plateaus! Mar 21
- Power thoughts Mar 7
- Benefits of exercise & mental health! Feb 21
- How's your posture? Feb 7
(Click for RSS instructions.)