Drive your website to top search engines
Oct 19, 2013 / 5:00 am
Below are five tips to drive your website to top search engines. Most of them require money, such as adwords and press releases, but some methods can be done by yourself (if you have the time). Following is a list of five tips to help you start moving your website from the back of the search engines.
1. Link Building - One of the most important things you can do for your website is link building. This shows the search engines that your website is popular and relevant enough for other high ranking sites to link with it. Effective ways to consolidate links to your website include: blog participation, link exchanges, article marketing, press release distribution, document sharing, as well as participating in social bookmarking sites.
2. Social Media Marketing - A recent study reported that 40% of web visits take place on social networking platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. While promoting your services through these avenues can require a huge investment of time, they can eventually pay off with massive profits. Social proof is the name of the game with social media marketing, so the best thing you can do is give more value to your friends and fans than you ask for in return. This will gain trust, build rapport, and make your target audience more likely to purchase your product or service in the future.
3. Blogging - Blogs are the perfect avenue for a company to stay connected with their audience. Not only do they invite regular visits but the search engines prefer them for their constant updates of content.
4. Video Marketing - As your target audience becomes further accustomed to having information right at their fingertips, written text is losing its capacity to hold their attention. Videos inform while they entertain, and while video sites such as YouTube occasionally receives more visitors per day than even Google, they provide the perfect avenue to reach your potential audience. Make sure to link your website at least twice in the description box, and have your keyword in the very first part of your title. This will give your videos added exposure and help the search engines to find you among your competition.
5. Local Search Engine Directories and Google “Places” - For those who own local businesses there is nothing better right now then Google places. When displaying the results of any local search, Google will show the top 5-10 businesses for the applicable keywords that were searched. This affords an amazing opportunity for local businesses to get immediate exposure to their store front locations and increase sales literally overnight.
Though getting a website to the top of Google Places can be a time consuming endeavor, the increase in profits is well worth the investment. With a carefully run campaign the preceding five tips can help get your website to the top of the search engines in as little as a few months. To learn more about search optimization and to find out how we can manage your campaign for you, please contact me.
Join myself and Bob Mangat, CEO of Invigo Marketing Systems for a free informational seminar on November 7th, 2013 from 1-4 PM at the Kelowna Yacht Club. Registration link is below.
Read more Internet Marketing Trends articles
- Video marketing & video SEO Nov 2
- Twitter marketing explored Oct 26
- Drive your website to top search engines Oct 19
- The secret to endless customers Oct 3
(Click for RSS instructions.)