Trade shows help you grow
There’s a question that I’ve been asked from time to time regarding the importance or non-importance of attending industry trade shows.
Some retailers find trade shows to be an expense they are not willing to invest in. The cost factor and having themselves or key staff away from the business is just too much for them to consider.
To those particular retailers, I would ask them to re-consider. In today’s marketplace more than ever, your business or industry’s livelihood relies on you being cutting edge, current and aware of all new trends and developments. Your future relies on it.
Myself and my team from Retail Evolution, will be in Las Vegas this week attending a huge trade show. Las Vegas Market is a furniture trade show held at World Market Center, a five million square foot custom campus showcasing thousands of new product introductions from all over the world and stellar educational sessions from some of the top minds in the furniture industry.
Since my company works with furniture companies ongoing, it’s important myself and my team keep current with the industry. We pride ourselves in being relevant and up to date with all the industries we work with and try to attend as many unique trade shows throughout North America as we can.
Whether you operate a consulting firm like myself or are a retailer or a wholesaler, there are many reasons and advantages for attending trade shows. Let's cover a few so you may start planning for your next one.
- The amount of knowledge and exposure to new trends, products and resources is worth it. You’ll find out what’s hot and what’s not and what your company should be doing right now.
- You’ll meet other retailers and vendors that you’ll learn from and possibly gain business from.
- You and your team can attend educational seminars and networking events. These events constantly expose you to new people and new business.
- You will learn a lot about what your competition is up to. This allows you to evaluate your personal strengths and weaknesses to best support your business.
- Trust me, your general experience at most trade shows will stimulate new ideas for you. Your participation at the show will have many long term benefits for you and your team.
- A bonus is, most of these trade shows have excellent press attending. You have an opportunity to shine! Make sure you’re prepared to speak about what you and your company offer, the world could be watching!
- These shows offer great opportunities to get answers right away from vendors.
- The information you bring back home with you will benefit the rest of your staff and customers. I’ve personally seen this happen so many times, it’s truly energizing to see the positive effect it has on so many people.
- Fun! Yes my friends it’s okay to have fun in business. Going to these shows can be very entertaining. They break you out of a typical work cycle and allow you to enjoy things a little differently.
That’s a wrap, now go start packing!
Questions, comments? Come over to my Retail Evolution Facebook page and start a discussion https://www.facebook.com/RetailEvolution
Read more Ignite Innovate Impact articles
- Why we bought our new car from you Sep 10
- The 2% mindset & business Sep 3
- The magic of MACY'S Aug 27
- Trade shows help you grow Jul 30
- Executive time management Jul 23
- Sales floor bully Jul 16
- Loosen the bone Wilma Jul 9
- Ultimate customer appreciation Jul 2
(Click for RSS instructions.)