Mind bright like a diamond
It’s no secret that the most successful companies in our world and the visionaries that lead and guide them haven’t relied on textbook education and Ivy League institutions to propel them to set the world on fire.
These people have been free thinkers, always living in the question of what else is possible and allowing themselves to let their curiosity shine through in the decisions they make and the magic environments, services and products they champion.
The brilliant minds of our business world surround themselves with like minded visionaries. These people are world changers, continually building momentum with fresh thoughts, challenging boundaries of what has been done, then creating or speaking about what will be done.
A number of years ago, I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Richard Branson. His energy and wide-eyed approach to life is something I will never forget. In the way he spoke and the questions he asked you knew you were in the presence of someone that would never stop shooting for the stars, and soon in his Virgin Galactic’s SpaceShipTwo he may come close enough to touch one.
Branson is just one of many incredibly brilliant people on our planet we all have the pleasure of being able to learn and grow from. If you’re looking for some exciting inspiration for your business and personal life, I’ll now share with you a few of my favourite people from whom I get incredible inspiration and growth. To me their minds are bright like a diamond!
- Seth Godin - Seth is one of the best business bloggers out there. A relentless marketer, visionary and innovator. Seth has written over 14 books and his opinionated, outspoken attitude has created a culture of followers, stimulating minds and helping people navigate the business world of today.
- Guy Kawasaki - Guy tells it like it is. His book Reality Check has become an industry bible for some. No winning friends and influencing people here. Guy’s focus has always been how to outsmart, out manage and out market your competition. Straight up words from a straight up Guy. His blog, How to change the World is awesome.
- Karen Luniw - A Canadian girl setting the world on fire! Her Law of Attraction Tips podcast on iTunes has had over 20 million downloads worldwide since its debut. Karen’s two books Attraction in Action: Your How to Guide to Relationships, Money, Work and Health and her new release: A Year of Wow Daily Attraction Journal have helped so many people get unstuck from what may be blocking them from living truly successful lives in business and personally. Great blogs and videos on her website, Karen rocks!
There are so many minds bright like a diamond out there, I couldn’t begin to list them all. In the late 80’s Edie Brickell sang her famous song “What I am” and in that song there was a line “I’m not aware of too many things, I know what I know, if you know what I mean”. The point is, we all just know what we know. Be sure to seek out and be inspired by the visionaries in our world, sooner than later you’ll be touching stars too!
Read more Ignite Innovate Impact articles
- Executive time management Jul 23
- Sales floor bully Jul 16
- Loosen the bone Wilma Jul 9
- Ultimate customer appreciation Jul 2
- Your ratings suck, you’re the best! Jun 25
- Branding and marketing you Jun 18
- Leave home and be a quitter Jun 11
- Don't trust business model over 30 May 28
(Click for RSS instructions.)