Advantage of 10-year fixed
With all the turbulence in financial markets right now analysts are having a difficult time predicting where interest rates may be in 5-10 years. With all this uncertainty, today is a good time to look at locking into a 10 year term for three reasons.
Firstly the current 10 year rate is at an all time low right now.
Secondly payment certainty. Most people tend to budget their expenses around their mortgage and the 10 year rate allows the borrower to be able to budget for the long term.
Thirdly, a 10 year provides safety. The average mortgage holder with a $300,000 mortgage could face an increase of $300 - $400 per month when their current term matures, if rates do increase by 2% over the next 3-5 years.
Now is a great time to consider at 10 year fixed rate mortgage. If you would like your own report, click here.
Read more Home Finance articles
- Power-save your way to a down payment Sep 15
- How much mortgage should you carry? Aug 23
- VERICO: a decade later... Aug 9
- Take charge of your debt Jul 26
- Mortgage payment difficulties Jul 12
- Credit fitness: how to stay healthy Jun 28
- Tips on home maintenance & security Jun 14
- Why should I use a mortgage broker? May 31
(Click for RSS instructions.)