Three last-minute RRSP tips
Time is running out to make your RRSP contribution and take advantage of a tax deduction for 2013. With the March 3, 2014 deadline fast approaching, here are three last-minute tips to consider:
1. Find an advisor **
Chasing returns or the next big thing can only lead to disappointment. Guidance from an experienced investment advisor will take emotion out of the mix and help you meet your financial goals.
2. Contribute now
Don’t worry about how to invest your RRSP contribution. Temporarily park your contribution in a money market fund today and re-balance your portfolio tomorrow.
3. Diversify, diversify, diversify
Canada’s equity market represents only about five per cent of the world’s entire stock market. It makes sense to diversify your portfolio and invest in global markets. Consider different asset classes too to limit risk.
**If you need further information on this or for a referral to a financial planner please call 250 862 1806 or email [email protected].
Read more Home Finance articles
The views expressed are strictly those of the author and not necessarily those of Castanet. Castanet presents its columns "as is" and does not warrant the contents.
- How much mortgage should you carry? Aug 23
- VERICO: a decade later... Aug 9
- Take charge of your debt Jul 26
- Mortgage payment difficulties Jul 12
- Credit fitness: how to stay healthy Jun 28
- Tips on home maintenance & security Jun 14
- Why should I use a mortgage broker? May 31
- Selecting the right mortgage planner May 17
(Click for RSS instructions.)