What began as a chill, relaxed musical atmosphere has slowly morphed into one of the biggest fashion events of the year, prompting trendy, style-conscious ladies to plan their Coachella wardrobe well ahead of time. The festival is now known to set the stage for what to wear and which trends to follow for the rest of the summer season.
The fashion rules at Coachella are as follows:
- ANYTHING GOES.
- Celebrities and nobodies equally outrageous.
- Floral prints, tie dye, fringe, flower crowns, crop tops and bindis/other facial jewels, cut off shorts, band tees.
- Over the top: full on costumes, a performer wearing a sheer mesh bodysuit with nothing but pasties underneath.
- "Hippie" & "Boho chic".
- Lots of head gear.. flowers/flower crowns, jeweled headbands, floppy hats, fedoras, feathers and full-on Native American inspired head dresses.
- Bright printed maxi dresses, maxi skirts and palazzo pants are examples of the flowy, hippie-esque styles.
If you missed Coachella 2014, there is always 2015 to look forward to.
Meanwhile check out all the music festivals happening in our own province this Summer.
Get your Music fest gear at www.shopfrakas.ca or check us out on Facebook at Frakas Boutique.
Read more Fashion Frakas articles
- Shopping is my cardio! Jul 10
- Coachella Coachella! May 1
- Coming up daisies Mar 18
- An unfashionable disaster Feb 15
- January warming trend Jan 13
- Festive holiday dressing Dec 17
- Kelowna to the Philippines Nov 22
- Summer fashion 2013 Jul 16
(Click for RSS instructions.)