Gaga asks fans to leave Perez alone
Aug 19, 2013 / 9:20 pm
Lady Gaga has appealed to her fans to leave Perez Hilton alone.
The 27-year-old singer took to Twitter to post an angry rant about the "sick" blogger after one of her fans informed her he was being shown around an apartment inside her New York building, and she also claimed he has been "harassing" her but after her fans posted death threats to Perez and his son, she asked them to back off.
She wrote in a post on the Tumblr page of her Born This Way foundation: "While it may be difficult at times to hear the things that people say and write about me, or the nature of the industry that builds us up to tear us down, I feel the need to address you all here on behalf of the Born This Way Foundation.
"Sending threats of any kind, using hateful or abusive language, and the provoking of others on the internet is not supported by me or anything that I stand for. What I've seen transpiring is wrong and upsetting to me, and I've made it very clear how I feel about equality and compassion.
"I know how angry you feel sometimes, and I know that when they say things about me you feel that they are saying them about you as well. But music is about love, and is about sharing in the magic of theater. Although pop culture and society have become more negative and critical of the artist over the years, by engaging in this negativity you are allowing it to spread (sic)."
Perez - whose son Mario Armando Lavandeira III is six months old - previously hit back at the 'Born This Way' hitmaker by posting a 352-word blog post entitled 'A Statement On LadyGaGa's Lies (sic)', in which he denied stalking her and insisted he wasn't aware she lived in the same apartment block.
He wrote: "I learned only after the fact that Lady GaGa lives in one of the buildings we looked at, and she was across the country in Los Angeles when I viewed that building.
"After a day of innocent house-hunting, I am devastated and my heart hurts that my former very good friend, a person I used to call my "wifey" and traveled the world with, is making very public and very untrue allegations about me on Twitter.
"While it is still too painful for me to go into detail about why I chose to no longer make her a part of my life, I will say that I am a critic and not a "stalker".
"Any allegation that I am stalking her, based on a day of house hunting with my baby boy and my mother, is utterly false, defamatory and now appears to be putting me and my family in danger. (sic)"
Read more Entertainment News
WEST KELOWNA MOVIES
- Kelowna Rotary Centre For The Arts
- Kelowna Sunshine Theatre
- Kelowna Community Theatre
- Kelowna Actor's Studio
- Theatre Kelowna
- Kelowna Summer Theatre Festival
- Shakespeare Kelowna Theatre
- Vernon Powerhouse Theatre
- Penticton Many Hats Theatre Company
- Armstrong Asparagus Community Theatre
- Armstrong Caravan Farm Theatre
- Kelowna Rotary Centre For The Arts
- Chamber Music Kelowna
- Okanagan Festival Singers
- Okanagan Symphony
- Okanagan Jazz & Blues Society
- Ballet Kelowna
- Vernon Jazz Society
- Summerland Singers and Players
- Festivals Kelowna
- Parks Alive!
FILM / RADIO [+]
- Malin Akerman's husband files for divorce
- Katy Perry and John Mayer collaborate
- Time Waster - Best of the web photos
- Kanye West storms off stage at gig
- Lady Gaga announces tour dates
- Elton John's Russian gigs to be cancelled?
- Rob Ford, Miley Cyrus top Yahoo search
- Paul Walker's sister angered by drag racing rumours
- Miranda Kerr dating Australian billionaire?
- George Clooney still looking for the love of his life
- James Gandolfini receives street dedication
- Paul Walker and pal were not reckless
(Click for RSS instructions.)