Friday, August 1st19.8°C
22663
20893

Lindsay Lohan escapes lawsuit

Lindsay Lohan is no longer being sued for an alleged hit and run incident.

Nubia Del Carmen Preza has dropped the lawsuit she filed against the 27-year-old actress in 2012.

The nanny claimed she was pushing a baby stroller in West Hollywood in June 2010 when the 'Mean Girls' star hit her with her Maserati.

Preza's lawsuit stated she had suffered "disabling and serious personal injuries, pain, suffering and anguish" and that she was seeking damages for all her medical expenses and lost time at work.

A source told gossip website TMZ.com that Nubia has thrown in the towel and didn't get any financial settlement from the actress.

Lindsay has been trying to get her acting career back on track since being released from her last stint in rehab last year.

The red-haired beauty's father, Michael Lohan, recently said she had cut all of her bad friends out of her life to focus on filming the upcoming thriller, 'Inconceivable.'

He said: "She [Lindsay] has Randell Emmett, who produced 'Lone Survivor' and 'Broken City', helping her. She's cut the bad friends out of her life and is taking this seriously."

The former child star has also just wrapped on the production of her eight-part documentary 'Lindsay' with Oprah Winfrey, which is described as an "honest, no-holds-barred-account" of her efforts to lead a more positive life without the legal troubles and substance abuse that has plagued her career over the past few years.
 



Read more Entertainment News




Recent Trending









22481







Member of BC Press Council