Prospera Place welcomes Blue Rodeo
Oct 15, 2013 / 9:28 am
After playing to over 70,000 fans across the country in celebration of their 25th anniversary early in 2013, Blue Rodeo are heading back out on the road. The In Our Nature Tour will see the band play shows from coast to coast with a stop at Kelowna's Prospera Place on Monday January 6th.
The band’s latest work, In Our Nature, is scheduled for release on Tuesday, October 29, 2013. Fans can pre-order the album now through iTunes or the band’s website www.bluerodeo.com/store. Blue Rodeo have been previewing a number new songs live for their fans at the band’s shows earlier this year. Fans are also getting an early preview of the new album through a lyric video for the track “New Morning Sun”.
As a special offer for fans attending Blue Rodeo's 2014 In Our Nature tour, everyone who purchases tickets will have one CD copy of In Our Nature included for every pair of tickets ordered.
“Doing a lot of touring while making this record helped a lot,” says Greg Keelor. “Everybody was getting along and the band was playing well together. It's a good crop of songs and everyone just played it right and they played it beautifully.”
In the mid-80’s Blue Rodeo played the Toronto club scene relentlessly, building a dedicated following that would show up to every show. Close to three decades of constant touring and Blue Rodeo fans continue flocking to fill arenas all across the country. With the upcoming release of In Our Nature, the band are announcing what is estimated to be their 50th tour of Canada. It is a testament to their creativity that the band can endure a lifetime of challenges to continue to make music that all Canadians can call their own.
With the addition of guitarist/singer Colin Cripps to the Blue Rodeo line-up, the band is now a seven piece; Jim Cuddy (vocals/guitar), Greg Keelor (vocals/guitar), Bazil Donovan (bass), Glenn Milchem (drums/vocals), Bob Egan (guitar/pedal steel, mandolin), Mike Boguski (keyboards), Colin Cripps (guitar / vocals).
Opening for Blue Rodeo on the national tour will be Cameron House recording artists The Devin Cuddy Band. Led by vocalist and pianist Devin Cuddy, the band tips its collective hat to everything swinging from touches of country in the 50’s, New Orleans in the 20’s and Cab Calloway in the 40’s. Now Magazine writes: “This is a good-time sound, a few laughs, lots of rollicking playing, great music to groove to.”
IN OUR NATURE TOUR
THE DEVIN CUDDY BAND
MONDAY, JANUARY 6, 2014
PROSPERA PLACE – KELOWNA, BC
TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY, OCTOBER 18 @ 10AM
Charge by Phone 250-762-5050
Tickets also available at Venue Box Office
Tickets (incl. GST) $48.50, $65.50, Me+3 4-Pack Tickets $124.00
Read more Entertainment News
WEST KELOWNA MOVIES
- Kelowna Rotary Centre For The Arts
- Kelowna Sunshine Theatre
- Kelowna Community Theatre
- Kelowna Actor's Studio
- Theatre Kelowna
- Kelowna Summer Theatre Festival
- Shakespeare Kelowna Theatre
- Vernon Powerhouse Theatre
- Penticton Many Hats Theatre Company
- Armstrong Asparagus Community Theatre
- Armstrong Caravan Farm Theatre
- Kelowna Rotary Centre For The Arts
- Chamber Music Kelowna
- Okanagan Festival Singers
- Okanagan Symphony
- Okanagan Jazz & Blues Society
- Ballet Kelowna
- Vernon Jazz Society
- Summerland Singers and Players
- Festivals Kelowna
- Parks Alive!
FILM / RADIO [+]
- Heidi Klum gives up lingerie modeling
- James Franco getting buff
- Jennifer Lawrence hates being treated differently
- Kristen Bell brought Frozen character to life
- Dustin Hoffman auctions off his prized possessions
- Heidi Montag would never let daughter have plastic surgery
- John Travolta's wife upset by flirting
- Kristin Davis wants Sex and the City 3
- Time Waster - Best of the web photos
- Amanda Bynes released from rehab
- Nigella Lawson throat incident caused by baby?
- Liam Hemsworth wants to reunite with Miley Cyrus
(Click for RSS instructions.)