Despite a blatant attempt to ruin the summer season for a new outdoor adventure company, the group has opened their doors, for free, for some of their sections.
This damage delayed the park opening and caused the park to cancel the adult course for this summer entirely.
Owner Rolf von Andrian says despite the setback they wanted to open their doors and allow the public try out the new park, for free, before the summer ends.
“We wanted to open what we had ready despite the damage that was done. We do it for free because we are not 100 per cent ready and we do not want to charge for it when we are not 100 per cent ready,” says von Andrian. “Just come and see for yourself.”
He says the adult course, that was badly damaged by the vandals, is still not safe and will not be up and running until it is completely repaired next spring.
However, the kindercourse, the mini slack line park and the frisbee golf course are now all open.
von Andrian says his team is excited about the park opening and hosting the community but still frustrated the damage nearly destroyed their entire summer.
“The damage hurt us a lot. We didn't have insurance, because why would we insure something that isn't even open yet, so the damage was very big, but we survived.”
The Myra Canyon Adventure Park is currently free to the public and will be until Sept 7, 2014.
“We want people to see what we did and get a taste of it and provide feedback so we don't charge for it,” says von Andrian.
Since the park opened last Sunday they are getting busier day by day and are happy with the response so far.
“Everybody is welcome. I think we did a good job and we are really happy with our product so we are excited to host everybody in the community,” adds von Andrian.