With the recent rain fall and the reduction in the fire hazard, the Regional District of Central Okanagan and districts of Peachland and West Kelowna have re-opened several parks for public use.
RDCO Regional Parks:
- Hardy Falls Regional Park
- Trepanier Creek Greenway Regional Park
- Coldham Regional Park
- Glen Canyon Regional Park
- Kalamoir Regional Park
- Rose Valley Regional Park
- Stephens Coyote Regional Park
- Scenic Canyon Regional Park
- Mission Creek Greenway (Phase 2)
- Mission Creek Regional Park (Sutherland Hills area on the south side of Mission Creek only)
- Mill Creek Regional Park
District of Peachland Parks:
- Pincushion Mountain Park and Trails
- Pincushion Place Park
- MacKinnon ParkSanderson Park
- Mountain View Park
District of West Kelowna Parks:
- sections of Mount Boucherie Park not affected by the wildfire
These parks were closed late last week when the fire danger reading sat at high to extreme during the recent heat wave.
Residents are thanked for their patience and understanding while these parks were temporarily closed.
Starlight Road parking lot at Rose Valley Regional Park will remain closed until Wednesday Aug 20, as District of West Kelowna staff continues construction on Westlake Road.