As a result of the high to extreme fire hazard and extremely dry conditions, the Regional District has closed several Regional Parks until further notice.
- Hardy Falls Regional Park
- Trepanier Creek Greenway Regional Park
- Coldham Regional Park
- Glen Canyon Regional Park
- Kalamoir Regional Park
- Rose Valley Regional Park
- Stephens Coyote Regional Park
- Scenic Canyon Regional Park
- Mission Creek Greenway (Phase 2)
- Mission Creek Regional Park (Sutherland Hills area on the south side of Mission Creek only)
- Mill Creek Regional Park
“These closures will remain in effect until further notice," says Communications Director, Bruce Smith.
"Extended forecasts predict continued high temperatures well into next week and that raises the potential danger of a serious fire. Many of these parks that are closed are in forested areas with challenging terrain and in close proximity to subdivisions and neighbourhoods.”
Residents are asked to stay out of closed parks and obey any signage. Anyone found inside a closed Regional Park could be subject to a fine of $500.
The Regional District apologizes for any inconvenience caused by these park closures and encourages visits to any of our other Regional Parks that remain open for use.
“Many of these parks offer visitors opportunities to enjoy a beach and waterfront areas for cooling down and we’d encourage you to check these parks out:"
- Bertram Creek Regional Park
- Raymer Bay Regional Park
- Traders Cove Regional Park
- Gellatly Nut Farm Regional Park
- Gellatly Heritage Regional Park
- Shannon Lake Regional Park
- Kaloya Regional Park
- Kopje Regional Park
- Reiswig Regional Park
- Robert Lake Regional Park
- Okanagan Centre Safe Harbour Regional Park
- Antler’s Beach Regional Park
- Johns Family Nature Conservancy Regional Park
- Woodhaven Nature Conservancy Regional Park
The District of Peachland has also closed several parks until further notice.
Thee closures include:
- Pincushion Mountain Park and Trails
- Pincushion Place Park
- MacKinnon Park
- Sanderson Park
- Mountain View Park (except the Riding Club land and premises located at 5380 Princeton Ave)
Everyone is asked to stay out of closed parks and obey any signage. For the safety of all residents, please respect all closed areas. The District apologizes for any inconvenience caused by these park closures.