The Peachland Triathlon is Sunday morning and it will temporarily close some roads.
The triathlon, a special event of the Peachland Recreation Department since 1994, is taking place on Beach Avenue on Sunday from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Beach Avenue will be closed to vehicle traffic between 1st and 13th Street from 7 a.m. to when the last cyclist is off course, which should be just after 8:30 a.m.
Traffic will be detoured as follows:
- Beach Avenue (between 1st and 6th Street) detoured to Waldo Way (alley way)
- Beach Avenue (between 6th Street and 11th Street) Closed – Emergency access only
- Beach Avenue (between 11th and 13th) detoured to Lake and San Clemente
- Hwy 97 Beach Avenue (at 14th) detoured to Lake, San Clemente, Highway 97
- Please note the bike course continues on Beach Avenue to Buchanan
- Robinson Place turnaround looping back to the far south end of Buchanan, returning to Beach Avenue. This area is open to controlled vehicular traffic. Please watch for cyclists on road and obey Road Marshalls and Flaggers. We thank you for your patience on race day, and co-operating with our valued volunteers. Please enjoy the race, and cheer on the athletes!
The scenic route features a sprint distance course with a 750 metre open water swim, 20 kilometre bike, and a 5 kilometre run.
Participants can tackle the race as an individual or as a team (each team member participating in a leg of the race.)
The swim starts and finishes at Swim Bay, following a triangular shape.
The bike course is two 10 kilometre loops, mostly flat and fast, with several hills in the middle.
The run course is flat, out and back passing through transition to Heritage Park and return to Swim Bay finish line.
Various roads and parking lots/stalls will be closed for this race.
Click here for a copy of the Course Map