Central Okanagan News
Strike or not, exams are on
Provincial exams are going ahead and on schedule, regardless of the full-scale teacher strike that began Tuesday morning.
When the strike was announced last week, the Labour Board declared that all provincial exams were to go ahead uninterrupted strike, or no strike.
Central Okanagan School District Superintendent Hugh Gloster says it is critical that Grade 10, 11 and 12 students realize that exams are still happening and on schedule.
He says students should also know that they are welcome to attend their exams with no hassle.
“There is a guarantee of a ‘picket free’ entrance for students while these exams take place,” adds Gloster.
Check below for the upcoming provincial exam schedule:
- Wednesday June 18 - Math 10 (Apprenticeship and Workplace Mathematics 10 and Foundations of Mathematics and Pre-Calculus 10) at 9:00 a.m.
- Friday June 20 - English 12 at 9:00 a.m
- Friday June 20 - Communications 12 at 1:00 p.m.
- Monday June 23 - French 12 at 9:00 a.m.
- Monday June 23 - Science 10 at 1:00 p.m.
- Monday June 23 - Civic Studies 11 at 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday June 24 - English 10 at 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday June 24 - Social Studies 11 at 1:00 p.m.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated and approval times may vary. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Central Okanagan articles
- Sun win one for fallen mateBCFC
- New cell tower?West Kelowna
- Social media thwarts shoplifterPenticton / S. Okanagan
- New Sockeye hatcheryPenticton / S. Okanagan
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library