Central Okanagan News
Mailbox thefts plague valley
More and more Okanagan residents are coming forward with their own mailbox theft stories as it turns out the recent rash in West Kelowna is not isolated.
Several other locations around the Central Okanagan have been targeted.
Mail-box tampering and break-ins have occurred at the following locations:
- 9400, 9500, and 9600 blocks of Eastside Road in Vernon
- Delcliffe Road in Vernon
- Kokanee Road in Vernon
- Smith Road in Vernon
- Lakeshore Road in Kelowna
- Rimrock Road in Kelowna
- Stevens Road in West Kelowna
- Pooley Road in Kelowna
- Bartley Road in West Kelowna
- Lenz Road in West Kelowna
- 4240 Glenmore Road in Kelowna
- North Glenmore Road in Kelowna
- Whitevale area in Lumby
Castanet has brought forward the concerns of numerous residents to Canada Post and they are looking into the situation.
If your mailbox has been broken into Canada Post asks that you do the following.
To report mail at risk or damage or vandalism to Canada Post property or equipment, call us toll-free:
Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. EST
Saturday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST
(After hours, contact your local police)
If your mailbox was broken into send photos, information and location to [email protected]
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Central Okanagan articles
- Pool closed next summerPenticton / S. Okanagan - 10:22 am
- Temporary entrance to KGHKelowna - 10:56 am
- Mayor's field already crowdedKelowna - 5:00 am
- Election packages available FriWest Kelowna - 5:00 am
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library