Central Okanagan News
Top news stories for 2013
It was another busy year around the Okanagan with a number of stories vying for the top headlines of 2013.
The following list is a compilation of video news stories that we believe mattered the most this past year.
4. A massive fire rips through the Legacy Condo complex on Rutland Road, displacing over 30 families.
3. Police remain tight lipped on circumstances surrounding the double homicide of Tiffany Goruk and her Boyfriend Jeremy Snow in West Kelowna.
3 b. Little information has also been released regarding the murder of a 27-year- old mother of two in Glenmore.
2. Joelon Verma is found guilty of first-degree murder in the 2010 slaying of Brittney Irving.
And the Top Story for 2013 is...
1. Premier Christy Clark is elected MLA of Westside-Kelowna in a by-election.
Comments on this story are pre-moderated. Before they appear, comments are reviewed by moderators to ensure they meet our submission guidelines. Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments are open and welcome for three days after the story is published. We reserve the right to close comments before then. Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Castanet, but only of the comment writer.
Read more Central Okanagan articles
- Spaghetti bridge competition returnsKelowna - 5:00 am
- Ex councillor named in sex assault casePenticton / S. Okanagan
- Accused bad driver in more troubleKelowna
- Return of the Snowbirds?Poll
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Tourism Kelowna Central Okanagan
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library