Harper: Keystone pipeline a must
Sep 26, 2013 / 10:00 am
Prime Minister Stephen Harper says he won't take no for an answer when it comes to approval of the Keystone XL oil pipeline.
He`s telling a New York business audience that he will keep pushing for the pipeline no matter what.
Harper says his view is that the pipeline to run oil to the American Gulf coast from Canada has to be approved.
He says it is in the best interests of both countries to give the go-ahead.
The prime minister says even if the Obama administration says no, he`ll keep pushing.
He says the matter won't be final until the line is approved.
Read more Canada News
- Harper sings, but he doesn't dance
- Inmate takes hostage at Edmonton jail
- Cdn torture policy irks security alliance
- Animal abuse law enforcement lacking
- RCMP arrest man on spying charges
- Avoid the legal pitfalls at office parties
- Canada to file Arctic seafloor claim
- Fish-farm's still stuck on Atlantic salmon
- Families remember deadly plane crash
- Four teens killed after crash on NB Hwy
- $50-million Lotto Max jackpot unclaimed
- Pot-smoking Mountie returns serge