High school hazing brings arrests
Sep 23, 2013 / 10:21 am
RCMP have charged eleven young people in an alleged hazing of high school students in Saskatchewan involving teens being hit with hockey sticks.
Nine boys face 34 charges including assault, assault with a weapon and assault causing bodily harm.
Two 18-year-olds are also charged.
Police say they got an assault complaint after a party Sept. 6 outside Lanigan, east of Saskatoon.
The party was an annual freshman gathering that police say included the hazing of some Grade 9 and 10 students by high school seniors.
Some of the teens suffered severe bruising and one has muscle damage to his leg and buttocks.
All of those charged are to appear in Humboldt provincial court Oct. 21.
Read more Canada News
- Quotes from Mandela in Canada
- We've lost a great moral leader: Harper
- Harper weighs in on solider suicides
- 'Outright lie,' says Rob Ford
- Blackmail scheme targets Rob Ford
- Sun Media cutting 200 jobs
- Same sex inmates lose bid to be together
- Rob Ford - media dominator
- Storm cuts power to thousands
- Another soldier dies of apparent suicide
- Politicians pay tribute to Paul Desmarais
- Soldier told PTSD will end military career